Friday, January 29, 2010

MICE

There are MICE in my house....

Tess and I moved into our house about three weeks ago. I love living with Tess she is seriously the best. So I moved into a room that probably hasn't been cleaned for months... not the mention the bathroom. Anyways I moved in and cleaned my room up, stupidly thinking the house was clean just not my room. BOY was I WRONG.

Last weekend Tristan, Amy, and Chels were down. We got home from church and they were packing there stuff up when Tristan say very calming (which was weird) there is a mouse under your bed.... I FREAKED OUT. jumped on my bed and never wanted to get down. We looked to see if we could see it and nothing. I CALLED my landlord to report the problem. It had been reported before but now I needed to take more action. My landlord didn't answer and TEXT me back later. He said he would set more traps and we needed to be clean. I thought to myself, you need to have someone come in here and clean this whole place... Anyways that night my cousin, Stafford came over and looked under my bed to make sure nothing was there. I was good to sleep for that night.

Monday night I get home from work and Tess is screaming that the mouse is in her room. She had it trapped and was ready to catch it. I get in there for emotional support. I ran out to get a bag. I went into my room, moved my bean bag and there the mouse was.... I screamed. Tess came running to the rescue. Our ward friend was over for the first time (what a great first impression) she was helping out as well. The mouse went under my bed again. We looked for it and couldn't be found.

I started to vacuum to make our house a little cleaner. I went into my room and the mouse ran to my closet. We had him trapped. He get caught in a little shelf. Tess got a bag and he ran into it. We got him. We ran down the street about ten houses and let him free.

I CALLED the landlord to update the problem...TEXT back.....

Wednesday night I went and got my moms carpet cleaner. I was sick of being in this mess. We started to clean. Our other roommate had warned us of another mouse but we didn't know where it was. Our house is four floors, so I started in the basement on the bottom level. I moved the beanbag and two more mice were dead. We cleaned them up and I started to vacuum again right when I started, a LIVE mouse ran across the floor....

I SCREAMED.... Tess to the rescue. We had him cornered and he ran into the bag again. This time he wasn't getting away. We sadly ran him over with the car. Good thing I believe in Heaven because I know that is where he is going.

I CALLED the landlord once again to report the problem... TEXT back. Do people not know in the world that when someone calls they want a phone call back? especially when there is a problem? I don't get it. We got in a stupid argument over text message. I told him next time just call me back and we won't have things get lost in communication. THROUGH TEXT MESSAGE.

I will admit... I LOVE TEXT MESSAGE. I think it is a great way to stay in touch with friends... but when you need to be a professional with someone... CALL THEM back...

I will keep you updated on the whole mouse situation. Hopefully it is being taken care of....

XOXO

Emo

5 comments:

Gabbitas Family said...

I LOVE YOU EMO! Way to step to the plate!

ash said...

oh wow, sounds like someone lives in a place that is just as nice as my own!!

p.s. how did you "accidentally" run over the mouse?

i LOVE you.

Anonymous said...

I laughed through this whole post. I could picture it all happening. I could hear your voice and your inflection (especially with choice capitalized words) so it was like you were right next to me.

Dan and Tara said...

OMG!!! This post made me feel so icky! I am so sorry you have mice! I am impressed at how well you handled everything. I would have left and never returned until they were gone. haha, you are awesome!

Chelsea Lynn Irons said...

the only mice I love are Mickey and Minnie